Matric Results services
SABC EDUCATION LAUNCHES THE 2018 MATRIC RESULTS SERVICES
Johannesburg – Monday, 10 December 2018 – SABC Education in partnership with the Department of Basic Education (DBE) is launching its matric results services which will run from 10 December 2018 until 31 January 2019.
The Minister of Basic Education, Ms Angie Motshekga, will announce the release of the National Senior Certificate results on 3 January 2019. The SABC Education Matric Results service will release the results to all students across all Provinces who registered on its database using SMS, USSD or the new matric results service, MatricsMate App on 4 January 2019.
It is paramount for learners to register on MatricsMate for them to access their results via this app. Learners should register their 13 digits ID number and exam number on the platform of their choice to access their results. In 2017, more than +/-300 000 students received results via the SABC Education SMS and USSD services.
Register in our mobile services to receive your 2018 Matric Results:
- Download the MatricsMate App for free from Google Play and Apple App Stores
- You will need your 13 digits ID number and exam number to register
- You will be able to view your results on the app as soon as they are available
- SMS your 13 digits ID number and exam number to 35658
- The system verifies the ID number and the Exam number; both numbers must have 13 Digits in order to be accepted. The ID Number will also be subjected to an algorithm that identifies if the ID Number is a valid South African ID Number.
- Learners will be charged R1-50 per SMS, free SMSes do not apply
- Dial *120*35658#, enter your13 digits ID number and exam number to register
- You will be charged R1-50 per minute
- Results will be sent to your phone as soon as they are available
Should the learners have queries relating to registration and use of the SABC Education Matric Results service, they can contact our call centre on 011 504 0008, Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm. However, on the day of the release, the call center will operate from 6am to 5pm.
For further details on the Matric Results services,
contact Eric Muragana, Digital Media Manager, SABC Education at 073 490 8632.